Your official information source from the .NET Web Development and Tools group at Microsoft.
Last week I mentioned we would be releasing a Hotfix to accompany our new jQuery VSDoc file. This Hotfix is now available at the MSDN Code Gallery. Here's a direct download link for this small (2MB) patch:
The idea here is to keep the documentation file next to your runtime file, and we'll automatically pick the right one. If you already have a whole bunch of annotated "dot debug" files, there's no need to rename all your files since we search for those also. This logic applies to all places where script file reference are mentioned. To recap, those place are:
By the way, Hotfixes are normally targeted at the latest public Visual Studio release, which today is VS2008 SP1. If you're using VS2008 you will need to upgrade to SP1 before taking advantage of this patch. We hope this will help simplify your code a bit!
Jeff King Program Manager Visual Studio Web Tools
Resolved for now: removed Hotfix, removed CodeRush Xpress, repaired VS2008, seems to work OK now. Will have to re-install and see how it goes next time.
My name is Vinay Reddy and i work in the Visual Studio Web Tools team. I thought i will post some general instructions to help diagnose the problem at the high level.
If you notice problems after installing the QFE, please follow the instructions below to make sure you have right bits in the box before you report the error.
Check the file version of the following 2 files. File version should say 9.0.30729.174
• <Install Drive>\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE System.VisualStudio.web.dll
• <Install Drive>\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\Packages\HtmlEd.dll
If the file version is not 9.0.30729.174, then that means QFE is not installed properly. Try uninstalling and installing the QFE again to see whether that fixes your problem.
To Uninstall the QFE:
• Go to Control Panel -> Add Remove programs.
• Check the box next to ‘Show Updates’.
• Find Microsoft Visual Studio SKU (for example, you will see something like ‘Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2008 Team Suite – ENU’ for VSTS SKU) that you have installed in the box. Under this entry, you should see an entry for the hotfix with the KB number KB958502.
• Select that entry and click on ‘Remove’ button to remove the hotfix.
After uninstalling, check the file version of the following 2 files. Make sure the file version says 9.0.30729.1
If the file version is 9.0.30729.1, then continue with the steps below otherwise install VS 2008 SP1 RTM first and then follow steps below.
• Try to reproduce the issue again.
• If the issue exists, log a connect bug because it’s not specific to the hotfix.
• If it doesn’t exists, then install the QFE again.
• Try to reproduce the error again. If the error reproduces, please contact us with the following details.
1. Steps to reproduce the problem.
2. Description of the issue
3. What OS you are using?
4. What VS SKU you are using?
You can directly contact me at VinayR@Microsoft.com.
I'm not successful in reproducing the error that you are seeing even after multiple tries. Can you please follow my steps above to see whether you have the right bits in your machine? Also, is the issue disappears if you uninstall the QFE?
probably you mean IDE\<b>Microsoft<b>.VisualStudio.web.dll
Have you had a chance to try what Igor said? If that didn't help, would you please paste the exact markup you are using to include jQuery (e.g., <script src=) and any other JS files you are using?
Thanks for the correction, yes, he meant Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.dll, not System.VisualStudio.Web.dll.
I took a hint from a post above and now suspect it is a combination of the Hotfix, and CodeRush Xpress. I did not notice any problem until after I installed the hotfix, but will try and remove CodeRush and see if that makes a difference.
Last month I blogged about how Microsoft is extending support for jQuery .  Over the last few weeks
【原文地址】jQuery Intellisense in VS 2008 【原文发表日期】 Friday, November 21, 2008 2:07 AM 上个月，我在博客里宣布了微软将对jQuery提供支持。在过去的几个星期里，我们与jQuery开发团队合作，在Studio 2008 和 Visual Web Developer 2008 Express版本（免费的）中增加了很好的jQuery intellisense支持。现在这个支持可以下载使用了。 在VS 2008中启用jQuery Intellisense的步骤
I find I only get the intellisense with Web Developer working if I use plain html script tags not script manager proxy. Does anyone know why? Thanks Microsoft for the good work.