Your official information source from the .NET Web Development and Tools group at Microsoft.
We received a question about how to use Visual Studio to deploy HTML/JS website to Linux / Apache. To do it, you need to create an empty ASP.NET website project in Visual Studio (File->New Web Site…) and then include all the HTML/JS files.
1. Right click on the website Project, select “Publish Web Site”.
2. Drop down the Publish Profile drop down and select New Profile. Name it “FTP” or whatever you want to call it.
3. On the Connection Tab set Publish method to FTP, fill in FTP server, root folder for the website on the server, user name and password.
4. Click “Validate” to see if we can connect.
5. Press the “Publish” button
The detailed MSDN topic for VS2012 is here. This functionality exists in VS2010 and WEBMATRIX as well.
Great! One of the reason I needed to install WebMatrix along with VS. Hopefully native PHP support is forthcoming.
Moreover, is there any chance of getting SFTP support as well? Come on guys, have SCP and SFTP in Windows Powershell/cmd commands bucket and support it in this context as well.
Macky, thanks for the suggestion. Please vote for aspnet.uservoice.com/.../487960-secure-better-smart-client-publishing for anyone would like to add SFTP feature. Our PM will see how much interest is there to make SFTP working in VNext.