So, if you haven’t gotten into MIX already, or if your employer is pulling back on budgets because of the economy, here’s a chance to score a free pass (just a pass mind you, and not airfare, hotel etc.).
[Note if you’ve won already, please don’t enter, and MS folks, you’re welcome to see if you can solve the riddle, but email it to me instead of posting it :) ]
Follow the steps below using Live Search, and first person to answer correctly wins a MIX pass…
What is the name of this place?
There’s a town nearby. The ‘unofficial’ website of this town (and of the location in Step 1) is sponsored by a Coffee Shop.
The website for this coffee shop has a page of pictures, with 2 pictures being very similar in their subject matter, and involving younger girls. What is the subject matter?
Search for a book on this subject matter. There’s one written by someone called ‘Monty’. What is the name of the girl in the book that he wrote?
Her surname is the name of a home construction company in a US city. What’s the name of their baseball team?
One of the catchers on this team was born exactly 5 years after a TV actor. Who is the actor?
He played an alien in a Sci-Fi TV show. What was the Alien’s name?
There’s a famous pop star that shares this name. What’s his surname?
Search for a town with that name on Live Maps. Just south of the Live Maps pin is a street with a name that is familiar with another major historic event.
This historic event is associated with a ship whose name is associated with a location. What’s the location?
Search for this location on live maps, and the pin will be placed about 20miles east of an interstate. Follow the interstate north.
This interstate will end at another which runs east-west. Follow this one west. After a while it turns sharply south. At the same place, another long straight road (not an Interstate) runs NorthWest. Follow it until you reach a very famous landmark.
This landmark is very famous for 2 of its feats, but they were surpassed only 10 years later. By what?
The ‘what’ is beside a lake. What’s the connection between its name and the name of the landmark in 12?
These names form a sequence. What name would be next in the sequence?
PingBack from http://www.clickandsolve.com/?p=11490
Dang.. some really obscure bits in here. Almost got it, though...
I can say the ultimate answer is Truman.
Okay, I don't know what level of "exact" is meant by "exactly five years before", but I have one within a month:
1 - spider rock
2 - changing woman cafe
3 - kinaalda
4 - celinda mckelvey
5 - barons
6 - brendan fehr, born within a month of one of the baron's catchers
7 - michael guerin
8 - michael jackson
9 - jackson, mississippi
10 - arizona
11 - eventually to kingman, north of lake havasu
12 - nw of there is hoover dam
13 - grand coulee
14 - franklin delano roosevelt lake
15 - harry s truman
the 9->10 step is pearl st -> pearl city, hi -> pearl harbor -> uss arizona
1. Spider Rock
2. Changing Woman Cafe
4. Celinda McKelvey
5. St. Louis Cardinals
6. Connor Trinneer
7. Michael (Michael Kenmore)
8. Michael Jackson
9. Jackson, Mississippi
11. going I-17 North
12. going 93 to Hoover Dam
13. Grand Coulee Dam
14. Franklin Delano Roosevelt Lake (Hoover and FDR both US presidents)
15. Harry S. Truman
(sorry if this is a duplicate submit... not sure if it went through)
I lost it at 6. Connor Trinneer
From there I when to
6) Michael Bergin
AKA Michael John Bergin
Birthplace: Waterbury, CT
6) Zed Lucene
7) Zed Yago (not so big a pop star)
at that point No mapping soft ware could find the Streets of Yago Japan, or Mexico
I guess I'm pretty late but I just saw the new riddle due to the time shift from USA to Europe... I put together some extra information as I love such riddles and I would really love to attend the conference... maybe I could convince my company to pay for the flight ;-) Anyway, here are my answers:
1. Spider Rock, Canyon de Chelly Natl. Monument
2. Changing Women Coffee and Tours, Chinle, AZ (the Changing Woman is a Navajo earth deity)
3. Kinaalda Ceremony (a Navajo coming-of-age ceremony for girls)
4. Celinda McKelvey, the book is "Kinaalda: A Navajo girl grows up" by Monty Roessel
5. McKelvey Homes in St.Louis, the beaseball team is St.Louis Cardinals
6. The catcher is Jason LaRue, born 03/19/74, the actor is Connor Trineer, born 03/19/69
7. The show is Stargate: Atlantis, he played Michael (Kenmore), first in season two (a Wraith turned human)
9. The town is Jackson, MS, the street is Pearl St., so the historic event is the attack on Pearl Harbour on 12/07/41
10. The location is Arizona, the ship USS Arizona (BB-39)
11. Interstate I-17...
12. ... ends at I-40, which turns south at Kingman, AZ. The NW street is Highway US 93, which leads to Hoover Dam (btw from Q4 2010, it will lead across the new Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge)
13. Grand Coulee Dam on Columbia River (the name is from the ancient river bed that runs 660 ft above Columbia River)
14. Lake Roosevelt (officially Franklin D. Roosevelt Lake), Roosevelt and Hoover both were presidents)
15. Herbert Hoover, in office from 03/04/29 to 03/04/33
Franklin D. Roosevelt, in office from 03/04/33 to 04/12/45
Harry S. Truman, in office from 04/12/45 to 01/20/53
So the final answer is Harry S. Truman.
-- posting again, my first post seems to be lost ---
The comments moderation engine here is a bit odd, so sometimes comments don't show up, but when they do, they are in order.
So I have scored an extra pass and can give 2 out.
Keith Farmer was the first to get the right answer -- so he gets the first.
Hardy Leung was the next to get the right answer, and the first to get all the steps right, so Hardy - a pass to MIX is yours.
Please email me!