This morning, we published the RTM release of Rangers Build Customization Guide on Codeplex. Kudos to the team for one of our top strategic projects in FY11.
Please help us spread the news by actively blogging about this project. Use this email as a starting point or refer to the Rangers blog or the project table of content blog post.
This Visual Studio ALM Ranger project has the primary goal of delivering scenario based and hands-on lab guidance for the customization and deployment of Team Foundation Build 2010 activities such as versioning, code signing, and branching.
What is in the downloads?
- Guidance contains scenario based practical guidance, frequently asked questions and quick reference posters
- Selected PDF contains guidance and quick reference posters in PDF format only.
- Complete contains guidance, quick reference posters and localization files in all available formats.
- Hands-on Labs (HOL) includes:
- HOL documents that provide walkthroughs of the technology, based on the guidance
- HOL Package contains a HOL environment setup package allowing you to setup the HOL environment in your own environment
- BRDLite Build Process Reference Template walk-through.
- Samples contains sample build process templates used by the team as part of the guidance.
- Videos which showcase the guidance in quick 5-10min videos.
The Epics included in the guidance are:
- Practical guidance and tooling to simplify the customization of Team Foundation Build
- Practical guidance to use Team Foundation Build process templates to automate build and non-build scenarios in Microsoft environments
- Practical guidance to enable simple and flexible deployment of applications and their data stores
- Practical guidance for Activities to empower developers and build engineers
- Quality hands-on labs that complement the guidance and effectively guide the user through the features
- Visualization of the guidance using quick reference posters
Adimulam Sudheer, André Dias, Bill Heys, Bijan Javidi, Bob Hardister, Brian Blackman, Brian Minisi, Daniel Franco Abrahão de Oliveira, David Corbin, Ed Blankenship, Ewald Hofman, Fabio Casado, Francisco Xavier Fagas Albarracín, Giulio Vian, Hassan Fadili, Jahangeer Mohammed, Jeff Bramwell, Jens K. Süßmeyer, Jim Lamb, John Jacob (JJ), Joseph Abukhader, Leonard S. Woody III, Mathias Olausson, Mike Douglas , Mike Fourie, Nico Orschel, Oliver Hilgers, Patricia Wagner, Petr Moravek, Pierre Donyegro, Richard Fennell, Silfarney Wallace, Steven Lange, Stuart Preston, Sven Hubert, Thomas Schissler, Tiago Pascoal, Tim Star, William Bartholomew, Willy-Peter Schaub
Bijan and JeffJ