We are pleased to announce that we have released the second update to version (1.1.13.0202) of the Team Foundation Server Word Add-in, adding support for Word 2013.
This build is the first 2012-only build with support for Word 2013. It also includes fixes to some problems found since the first public release.
The most significant changes are:
- Will now install on a machine with just Team Explorer 2012 installed.
- Will now install on a machine with just Word 2013 installed.
- Will now install correctly on a non-English edition of Windows.
- Will work on non-English versions of Word.
Kudos to the dev lead Rob Jarratt and the testers, in particular Bob Hardister, Jahangeer Mohammed and Vladimir Gusarov.
The add-in allows you to import work items from a Team Foundation Server Team Project and generate professional-looking Word document from TFS Work items. Note that users will need to be appropriately licensed for Team Foundation Server access when using this tool. See the licensing whitepaper for more information.
As always please send candid feedback!
Which features do you need in the next version? What do you like and dislike in the current version?
Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Ask a question on the respective CodePlex discussion forum.
- Contact me on my blog.
- Submit a suggestion on UserVoice, using the Rangers Project category tag.