We are please to announce the release of the v1.3 TFS Planning and DR Avoidance Guide, which is focused on Team Foundation Server 2012 and 2013. Most of the concepts and guidance are backwards compatible—often identical—with Team Foundation Server 2010.
A special thanks to the team and especially our product owner Mario and project lead James for making this update happen.
… Mario Rodriguez … Jim Szubryt
| ||The v1.3 guide introduces minor updates for TFS 2013 and is based on the new crisper look & feel style, delivering a crisper, more compact and easier to peruse guide without sacrificing any content. |
The team is working in close collaboration with the TFS Upgrade Guide and the TFS Reporting Guide teams, expecting to refer to the latter when available and reducing the footprint of the planning guide even further.
These are the main sections of the guide:
- Defining your TFS Strategy
- Defining your Team Project Collection Strategy
- Defining your Team Project Strategy
- Defining your Team Strategy
- Defining your Disaster Recovery (DR) Strategy
- Large and Complex Project considerations
- Questions & Answers
- Real World Reference Stories
- Appendix, filled with examples and walkthroughs
- Quick Reference Sheets
Please send candid feedback!
Do you like the new look & feel?
Which features do you need in the next version?
What do you like and dislike in the current version?
We can’t wait to hear from you, and learn more about your experience using the add-in. Here are some ways to connect with us:
- Add a comment below.
- Ask a question on the respective CodePlex discussion forum.
- Contact me on my blog.