Windows 7 Australia Blog
All you need to enter the competition is a Twitter account and bit of personality.
Here are the rules:
First follow @MSAU on twitter. Secondly, A question on Age of Empires will be posted on the @MSAU twitter account at 12pm each week day from Wednesday 17th August to Tuesday 30th August, be the first to respond with the right answer and you’ll win a code to download free premium content.
The message must include the following elements:
1. Answer to the competition question
2. @MSAU at the end of your tweet
3. Tweet must include hashtag #WinAgeofEmpires
@MSAU: When was the first age of empires game made?
@John: @MSAU October 1997 #WinAgeofEmpires
If yours is the winning entry, we’ll contact you viadirect message on www.twitter.com. Once the winner acknowledges being chosen wewill then announce via our twitter page that the winner is.
FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Instructions on how to enter form part of the conditionsof entry. By participating entrants agree to be bound by these conditions.
2. The promoter is Microsoft Pty Limited, ACN 002589 460 of 1 Epping Road, North Ryde, New South Wales, 2113.
3. Entry is open to Australian residents with anexisting Twitter account (www.twitter.com).
4. Entrants under 18 years old must haveparental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of theentrant must read and consent to all terms and conditions. Parents/guardiansmay be required by the promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidenceof consent to this promotion.
5. Employees and their immediate families of thepromoter, its retailers, suppliers and associated companies and agencies arenot eligible to enter.
6. The promoter reserves the right to verify thevalidity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who the promoter believeseither has tampered with the entry process or has submitted an entry that isnot in accordance with these conditions of entry.
7. The competition commences at: 12:00pm AESTWednesday 17th August
(collectively, “Competition Periods”).
8. To enter, an entrant must, during theCompetition Period:
a. follow @MSAU on Twitter
b. tweet an entry as defined in clause 9.
9. An entry is defined as any tweet submitted viawww.twitter.com and received by @MSAU that:
a. Correctly answers the question tweeted by thepromoter on @MSAU; AND
b. Includes the handle “@MSAU” andcompetition hashtag “#WinAgeofEmpires” at the end of the entry.
10. The Winning entry will be the first valid entryin accordance with clause 9 received by the Promoter via Twitter. All valid entries received will have theopportunity to win the prize. This is a game of skill and chance plays no partin determining the winners. Each entry has the ability to win if they answerthe question correctly.
11. If the promoter is unable to supply thenominated prize, the promoter reserves the right to supply another prize of greateror equal value.
12. All entries become the property of thepromoter. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will beentered into. No responsibility is accepted for entries not received by thepromoter. Entries will be deemed void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tamperedwith in any way.
13. Entrants warrant that their entry in thecompetition does not breach the intellectual property rights of any thirdparty. The entrant indemnifies and will keep the promoter and its associatedagencies indemnified against any loss, costs (including legal costs), expensesor liability the promoter and its associated agencies may suffer arising out ofa breach by the entrant of this clause.
14. All entries are deemed to be received at thetime of receipt by the @MSAU twitter account and not at the time oftransmission by the entrant. Any form of automated entry using other devices orsoftware is invalid.
15. The stated prize value is the recommendedretail value (including GST) in Australia as provided by the supplier and iscorrect at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for anyvariation in the value of the prize. The Promoter and its associated agenciesand companies accept no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
16. Winners of all prizes will be notified via direct message on the websitewww.twitter.com
17. In the event that a prize is not claimed thejudges will select an alternate winner to receive the prize.
18. If a winner of the prize is under the age of 18years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s nominated parent or guardianon their behalf.
19. Entrants agree to participate in any promotional activity surrounding this competition or the winning of any prize, at the promoter’s request. Entrants agree that this participation will be free of charge. Each entrant consents to the promoter and its associated agencies using his or her name and image in any media in perpetuity, without limitation and without compensation to the entrant.
20. These terms and conditions do not, nor do theypurport to, limit, exclude or modify any non-excludable statutory guarantees asprovided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), or any otherwarranties (whether express or implied) under any state or federal legislationwhich cannot be excluded.
21. Except for any liability that cannot by law beexcluded, the promoter (including its respective officers, employees andagents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury;or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct,indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
22. To the fullest extent permitted by law andwithout limiting any other conditions of entry, the promoter may, in itsdiscretion, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. All entrantsparticipating in the promotion at the point of termination, modification orsuspension of the promotion will be notified by the promoter in writing. In theevent of modification or suspension of the promotion, the entrant may choose toterminate their participation in the promotion at no cost.
23. Any costs associated with entering thecompetition and accessing the website are the responsibility of the entrant.
24. The promoter assumes no responsibility for, andthe entrant releases the promoter from responsibility for, any failure toreceive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, claim, damageor injury to person or property (including computer systems and servers) as aresult of the entrant’s participation in this promotion or the conduct of thepromotion generally or as a direct or indirect result of an entrant’s error,any technical problem of any kind including communications or network failure,unauthorised access to, transferring or theft of data, whether caused by theentrant or associated with the equipment or programming used in the conduct ofthis promotion. If, because of any such problem, this promotion is not able tobe conducted as planned and/or the promotion’s administration, security,fairness or integrity are compromised or affected, the promoter may cancel,terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or disqualify any entrantinvolved in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion in anyway.