The Windows SDK team is proud to announce that the RTM release of the Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5 is now live for customers to install.
The Windows SDK is available as either an ISO install or a custom Web setup:
Operating System Compatibility:
This SDK can be installed on and/or create applications for Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista SP1, Windows Vista, Windows XPSP2, Windows Server 2003 R2 and Windows Server 2003.
.NET Framework and Visual Studio Compatibility:
This SDK release is compatible with the .NET Framework 3.5, the .NET Framework 3.0, and the .NET Framework 2.0. This SDK release is compatible with Visual Studio 2008 (including Visual Studio Express Editions) and Visual Studio 2005 SP1.
The following is a small sampling of what’s in this SDK, with a more complete list available in the Getting Started section in the Windows SDK documentation.
· Support for Windows Server 2008 (x86, x64, and Itanium), .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista (including SP1), and Windows XP
· Visual Studio 2008 C++ command line compiler toolset (with /analyze support) and matching CRT
· The SDK headers, libs, and tools integrate with VS2008 when both the SDK and VS2008 are installed
· New tools such as XPerf, SqlMetal, xsltc, gc, topoedit, aspnet_merge, and wsdcodegen.
· Documentation and samples (2200+ sample projects) to explain usage of new Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5 features as well as previous platform features.
Stayed tuned to the Windows SDK blog as well as the Windows SDK MSDN Developer Center over the coming days and weeks for more information about the Windows SDK. As always, please look over the Release Notes for a description of known issues before you install the SDK.
Barry R. Butterklee
Windows SDK Release PM