We are excited to introduce the investments we have made in Windows Server “8” through this excellent blog post Standards based management in Windows Server 8 by Jeffrey Snover and Wojtek Kozaczynski.
It’s a very detailed overview covering “Why Standards based management matters” and “What we have done in Windows “8” to take cloud-management to a new level”. It talks about followinginvestment areas providing an excellent E2E picture
- Simplified WMI provider development using MI API.
- Standard compliant protocol, ready for large-scale distributed management.
- Client development using MI .NET Client API.
- PowerShell cmdlets to manage CIM end-points (CIM Cmdlets).
- PowerShell cmdlets written as a CIM Provider (CIM-Based Cmdlets).
- Management OData IIS extension.
In the next few weeks, we will take you through a deep dive of each of these areas. So tighten your seat belts and get ready for take for takeoff – it is going to be an exciting journey.
-Team 'Standards Based Management'