Installing Team Foundation Server 2010 is as easy as Microsoft Office Installation. This is my second attempt to install single server TFS 2010. I am successful again.
Few things we need to take care is
1. Use the Team Foundation Server 2010 Installation Guide and follow it step by step at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=2d531219-2c39-4c69-88ef-f5ae6ac18c9f&displaylang=en
2. I had to ensure that it has IIS and .NET Framework installed from Server Role.
3. I had installed Windows Server 2008 R2 and then installed SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard. I have installed it with all the component including SSRS and SSAS.
4. Then I downloaded and installed Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 x64 with Service Pack 2 from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=148457. Follow the instruction.
5. Finally I installed Team Foundation Server 2010
Once the TFS 2010 Installation is complete it asks for the configuration
Configure the Proxy
Then Build service
Last thing is the Sharepoint. Once over you are ready to go. What is most important is the easily approach and we do not have to think about it. Enjoy the ALM via Team Foundation Server 2010.
It might be easy for _local_ only instalation.
But if you want to use and install it inside an AD-domain, your get many problems... and need to look at many considerations...
There is also *no* documentation regarding AD-domain and TFS...
Thanks a lot for your feedback. I am sure you have seen the installation guide www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx.
I suppose AD Domain needs to me configured first and this TFS 2010 can work with both AD and Workgroup. Please let us know if you need any specific help on "AD-domain and TFS"
I recently read a quick start up guide on TFS 2010 by Neal, which explains installation of TFS 2010 as well as other topics.