We’ve heard the feedback that some of you are having a hard time finding games in matchmaking with MW2 since Tuesday’s update. If those of you with this problem can answer a few questions it’ll help us get to the bottom of things.
Please leave a comment and answer the following questions:
1. Who’s your ISP?
2. Where (state/country, don’t give your address) do you live?
3. Describe your networking configuration – router brand, model, etc.
4. When you run the network troubleshooter in the Xbox Dashboard, what NAT type does it say you have?
5. When looking for a match, in the top right of the screen it’ll say “x potential games found”. Does x ever go above zero, and if so to what?
6. When looking for a match, in the top right of the screen it’ll say “x/50 good games”. Does x ever go above zero?
Having this data will be very useful - thanks for helping us help you!
2. United Kingdom
3. Netgear router, Xbox connected over "Powerline"
4. Moderate NAT
5. Yes, 50
6. Yes, 1
3. Xbox -> NetGear -> Comcast cable Modem (all wired)
5. It's gone above 0 a couple times, but rarely gets higher than 2. When I do connect to one of those 2, I consistently lag out of the game.
6. Same as #5, rarely goes above 2. When connected it lags out.
I'm sure you are aware of the issues or you wouldn't have posted this, but none of this happened before Tuesday.
2. Saskatchewan, Canada
3. Linxys Wireless Router --> Microsoft Wireless G Adapapter
5. It has went to 1/50 once. When I connected I almost immediately got booted
6. Pretty much same as #5
1- Saudi Telecom Company. AKA STC
2- Saudia Arabia
3- XBOX >> STC DSL modem
5- take too long to go above 0 and rarely gets higher 2 or 3 and it's lag mostly
6- i think it's same as 5#
1. Qwest Communications
3. ActionTec Q1000 Wireless-N Router, connected to Xbox wirelessly using Xbox Wireless Adapter (A, B, and G version)
5. Yes, 1.
6. Same as 5.
1) SBC Internet Serveces
2) Reno, Nevada, United States
3) Xbox Wireless A Adapter (1st Gen) --> Netgear WNDR3300 Router --> SBC DSL Modem
5) Yes, it dose. it always says it found 50 potential games
6) yes, it dose. most of the time it will say "1/50 good games" and will connect me with that game. very rarely will it go above that, and even then it will only go up to 3/50
1. Masterlink Moscow
2. Moscow, Russia
3. City local network Broadband -> Asus wl-520GC Router -> Xbox 360
4. Open (opened ports in port forwarding, using predefined static ip for xbox and placed it in DMZ)
5. 45-50, Almost everytime
6. 0-5. It starts looking for games depending on ping. 50 ms, 60 ms, 70 ms, etc. I suppose IW are trying to clean up the mess with the matchmaking that floated up right after the release. It's a good idea but current actions have poor result I assume :(
6. no stays to zero
1. wa. broadband
6. 0/50 always
3. linksysbycisco wrt320n, latest firmware, xbox360 in DMZ
4. sometimes open and sometimes moderate
5. it gets 1 and restarts when nat is strict otherwise ~11/50 when nat is open
6. see above
1. Who’s your ISP? Be broadbamd
2. Where (state/country, don’t give your address) do you live? Wiltshire . U.K
3. Describe your networking configuration – router brand, model, etc. Linksys wrt120n on wireless
4. When you run the network troubleshooter in the Xbox Dashboard, what NAT type does it say you have? Open
5. When looking for a match, in the top right of the screen it’ll say “x potential games found”. Does x ever go above zero, and if so to what?Maybe one if lucky
6. When looking for a match, in the top right of the screen it’ll say “x/50 good games”. Does x ever go above zero? No
3. Netgear WPN 824 -> wireless adapter xbox
6. Most of the time 0/50
1. AOL through Carphone Warehouse
3. Router made by 3com and i connect wirelessly
5. I get 36 games found but cant join any
6. sometimes it'll go to 1
1) AOL UK
2) United Kingdom
3) Netgear DG834PN via Xbox wireless adapter
4) Moderate NAT
5) Yes, 50
6) 0 several times then maybe a 3-5