We’ve heard the feedback that some of you are having a hard time finding games in matchmaking with MW2 since Tuesday’s update. If those of you with this problem can answer a few questions it’ll help us get to the bottom of things.
Please leave a comment and answer the following questions:
1. Who’s your ISP?
2. Where (state/country, don’t give your address) do you live?
3. Describe your networking configuration – router brand, model, etc.
4. When you run the network troubleshooter in the Xbox Dashboard, what NAT type does it say you have?
5. When looking for a match, in the top right of the screen it’ll say “x potential games found”. Does x ever go above zero, and if so to what?
6. When looking for a match, in the top right of the screen it’ll say “x/50 good games”. Does x ever go above zero?
Having this data will be very useful - thanks for helping us help you!
1) Talk Talk
2) Southampton, England
3) SamrtAX MT882
6) 0 never goes up
1 bt internet
2 Haywards Heath England
3 bt homehub 2QMP4
6 max 2
1, Virgin Media Cable
3, Wireless dongle, Dlink 510 Wireless router to NTL 250 cable modem
4, 30 - 40
5, Yes about 14 - 15. It's also wirth noting that I get host in my games 99% of the time, Happy Days!
1. BT Internet
2. Ridgewell, England
3. BT Homehub v2
6. Up to 3 after 2-3 mins
was getting 24+ before update, ping to local web pages (BBC) 25ms
3) Wired to Linksys, all Xbox live ports forwarded correctly
4) Open NAT
6) Yes only when ping is above 90.
Matchmaking worked perfect before this patch. It worked faster and I had no in game lag, now my in game lag is very bad.
6. Yes, to about 2.
I have faith in you that this will be resolved ASAP.
2. Essex, England
3. netgear router over an ethernet cable
4. open sometimes restricted
2. Barnsley, England
3. Belkin Router/Wired (XBOX360 1)
Belkin Router/Wireless (XBOX360 2)
4. Moderate (XBOX360 1)
Open (XBOX360 2)
5. 5 (only on stimulus mode. regular playlists 2, both 360's) after 3-4 minutes. Most of the time 0 for about 5 mins.
6. 2 at best.
Like most had 24+ before the patch and only occasional lag.
Nat is open
50 potential games
Has only ever gotten to 1.
1, BT Broadband 2,north yorkshire england 3,BT Home Hub 2.0 wired 4,OPEN 5, potential games 0/50 6, only 1/50 after a long time. Also it wont find games at 50ms ping. It keeps going up and up. Before the update i usually founs between 30 and 40 games at 50ms ping...
New York, USA
Belkin Wireless N router ( I use wired connection though)
Nat type: open it says?
It says 50 potential games
it keeps on searching usualy I get zero but this morining I got 1.
3. Xbox -> Westel -> verizon Modem (wireless)
5. It's never gone above 0.
6. Zero, When connected it lags out. Then able to play a few games after 6 or so searches!
I'm sure you are aware of the issues or you wouldn't have posted this, but none of this happened before Tuesday.
1. Deutsche TELEKOM
5. Yes, 1
6. Yes, 1
3. Comcast cable modem -> Netgear router
5. Usually about 40-50
6. Eventually. Around 1 at <110ms ping
Would it be helpful for the folks leaving comments to note if they have the Stimulus pack installed or not? I believe that IW's matchmaking will only match map pack users with other map pack users, etc...