We’ve heard the feedback that some of you are having a hard time finding games in matchmaking with MW2 since Tuesday’s update. If those of you with this problem can answer a few questions it’ll help us get to the bottom of things.
Please leave a comment and answer the following questions:
1. Who’s your ISP?
2. Where (state/country, don’t give your address) do you live?
3. Describe your networking configuration – router brand, model, etc.
4. When you run the network troubleshooter in the Xbox Dashboard, what NAT type does it say you have?
5. When looking for a match, in the top right of the screen it’ll say “x potential games found”. Does x ever go above zero, and if so to what?
6. When looking for a match, in the top right of the screen it’ll say “x/50 good games”. Does x ever go above zero?
Having this data will be very useful - thanks for helping us help you!
1. BT Broadband Home Hub V2
2. Birmingham, UK
3. Home Hub V2-Wired
6. Since Tuesday 30th April it hasnt gone above 0/50 games..
LOS ANGELES, CA
OPEN NAT, ALWAYS HAS BEEN
0/50 GAMES AFTER THE UPDATE, HAVE TO WAIT MORE THE 5 MINS TO GET IN A GAME
Cape May, New Jersey, United States
50 potential games found
It goes to 1/50 after about 15 minutes of waiting
3.Netgear Router with Xbox hardwired into it.
5.Yes, max is usually around 50
6.Yes, max is usually around 15
2. Arizona, USA
3. I hooked up my Xbox 360 using the Xbox Wireless Adapter (1st Gen. version) to my Actiontec Q1000 Wireless-N Router. I have 7Mbps download, 0.80 Mbps upload, and around 40 ping according a Speedtest result.
4. Open, I also portforwarded my router, DMZ'd my Xbox, and enabled uPnP.
5. Yes, 50 always.
6. Most of the time.
TIME Warner Cable
Direct to modem
1. Who’s your ISP? CableLynx
2. Where (state/country, don’t give your address) do you live? Arkansas, US
3. Describe your networking configuration – router brand, model, etc. Motorola Cable Modem, hardwired to 360.
4. When you run the network troubleshooter in the Xbox Dashboard, what NAT type does it say you have? Nat Type: Moderate
5. When looking for a match, in the top right of the screen it’ll say “x potential games found”. Does x ever go above zero, and if so to what? Yes, 49 or 50
6. When looking for a match, in the top right of the screen it’ll say “x/50 good games”. Does x ever go above zero? No
3. ADSL - Router (DG834N) - Ethernet
5. 49-50 always.
1. Plusnet (pro package(Prioritised gaming))
2. Strabane, Northern Ireland
3. thompson modem/router all wired.
6. 0@50ms,0@60ms,0@70ms ( always used to find match at 50ms never more than that)
3. ADSL - Router
5. Yes 50
6. 0/50 always
1. demon broadband
2. scotland uk
3. speedtouch thompson open nat settings
4. open nat settings
5. says 50 poten gme found goe to 99% then just does it over n over again
6. yes it does then just refreshes
direct connection from modem to xbox
it goes up to 99 percent den it starts again 0/50 games found, after waitin 15 to 20 mins 1/50 games found, it then puts me in the game then i lag out.
THEY NEED STRICT TEAM DEATHMATCH STIMULUS....THIS ONE BIG MASH UP OF GAMES ON NEW MAPS IS BALLS!
Believe it or not I use an Alltel/Verizon wireless modem. Huawuei Ec228 I think.
A net gear low end router(hardwired for that little extra speed)
My Nat settings are open
Its always finds 50 potential games
And rarely does it go to anything over 0/50 occassionally its 1/50 and after ten minutes or more of searching it puts me in a match.
Never used to have a problem like this. I have always been able to at least oin a match but after this last update it dont work so great. Thanks guys for the hard work.