David “LetsKillDave” Weller
XNA Community Evangelist
We’d like to offer a reminder that the 2008 Game Developers Conference is only a week away. For those of you that might still be on the fence about attending, here’s 4 exciting reasons why we think the conference is well worth your time:
1) John Schappert, the Microsoft VP that oversees LIVE, Windows gaming and XNA, will be giving the keynote, “A Future Wide Open: Unleashing the Creative Community”, on February 20th
2) A rockin’ “XNA Game Studio Developer Day”, on February 18th, featuring many of the cool people that post on the XNA Forums: Shawn Hargreaves, Michael Klucher, Mitch Walker, and Frank Savage. This is the list of talks scheduled for that day (look here for all the details).
· Networking with Game Studio 2.0 (Shawn Hargreaves)
· Extending the Content Pipeline in game Studio 2.0 (Frank Savage)
· XNA Game Studio 2.0 for Xbox LIVE Arcade (Mitch Walker)
· CLR Performance on Windows and Xbox 360 (Frank Savage)
· Understanding XNA Framework performance (Shawn Hargreaves)
· Advanced Debugging with Game Studio 2.0 (Matt Picioccio)
3) Four conference sessions from members of the XNA organization
1. Pete Isensee (Development Manager) will present “Chills and Thrills: Undefined Behavior in C++” in Room 2005 (West Hall) on Thursday, Feb 21st from 4-5pm
2. Anibal Sousa (Test Manager) will present “The Profile of a Great Software Tester” in Station 5, 2nd Floor, on Feb 20th from 1-2pm.
3. Albert Ho and Dax Hawkins (Program Managers) will present an XNA Keynote Breakout Session in Room 3002 (West Hall) on Thursday, Feb 21st from 2:30-3:30pm
4. Michael Klucher (Program Manager) will present a follow-on XNA Keynote Breakout Session in Room 3002 (West Hall) on Thursday, Feb 21st from 4-5pm
4) Microsoft will host a Lobby Bar & Lounge in Moscone West, giving you a chance to mingle with developers from several XNA teams, including the XNA Game Studio team. You will also have an opportunity to check out the Finalists of the DBP Warm-Up Challenge while you’re there.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Whatever happened to MS's XAudio 2? I hope it's not cancelled.
The conferences sound so good, but "common" people outside USA can't go there to see them in person. Is there any other method to see the conferences? Maybe vía Xbox Live! or Channel 9...
XAudio 2 isn't cancelled at all! It's just not (yet) incorporated into XNA Game Studio.
Regarding the conference: Live feeds won't exist for the conference, but you can be certain that we will be making a lot of stuff (slide decks, podcasts, etc.) available shortly after the GDC conference. You should contact the people that run the GDC to see if they will offer live feed subscriptions. Their site is gdconf.com, I believe
When is the even in the Lobby Bar & Lounge?
Will the same information be presented at the two XNA Keynote Breakout Sessions?
Ya, going to have to wait until the box set comes out. I'm on the other side of the country.
Will any of these be available as streams?
We're only a week away from GDC, which is crazy because it feels like I just started getting ready (Back
As mentioned in this post on the XNA team blog , the 2008 Game Developers Conference will be happening
It has been an exciting day for the XNA team here at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
It has been an exciting day for the XNA team here at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco
thanks so much for posting this. it was a huge timesaver