Click here to register.
Product(s): Windows Mobile.
Audience(s): Pro Dev/Programmer.
Duration: 300 Minutes
Start Date: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 8:45 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada)
We’ll take you under the hood of Windows Phone 7 and the Windows Phone 7 platform with a progressive set of learning sessions. We’ll start with the basic tools and fundamentals of Windows Phone 7 application development, plus key design guidelines and our philosophy behind the all-new Metro interface paradigm. As the day unfolds, we’ll go deeper into Windows Phone 7 development scenarios using Silverlight, XNA and the Windows Phone 7 SDK. You’ll also see how to earn cash for your apps in the fully loaded Windows Phone 7 Marketplace. Day 1 Schedule
· 8:45 AM – Session 1: Get Started! The Basics of Building Apps on the Windows Phone 7 Platform Meet Windows Phone 7! We’re proud to introduce the innovative Windows Phone 7 platform and explain the philosophy behind its all-new user experience design.
· 9:45 AM – Session 2: From Idea to Interactivity, Design Guidelines for Windows Phone 7 Windows Phone 7 has a brand new interface paradigm called Metro that will delight end users. We’ll cover all of the new Windows Phone 7 controls, guidelines for usage, and what you need to think about in the new multi-touch interface.
· 11:00 AM – Session 3: Supercharge Your Windows Phone 7 Apps with Microsoft Silverlight Now that you’ve learned the fundamentals, it’s time to dig a little deeper. This session will focus on building Windows Phone 7 applications with Microsoft Silverlight.
· 1:15 PM – Session 4: Step Up Your Game with Windows Phone 7 and XNA Microsoft XNA has been a favorite with game developers for many years. We’ll charge full-speed into XNA to outline the basic Windows Phone model, explore its core device characteristics, and review the highlights of the XNA phone framework.
· 2:15 PM – Session 5: Monetizing Your Apps with Marketplace Windows Phone 7 will launch with a fully loaded Marketplace and the opportunity for developers to sell or distribute their applications. You’ll get all the details on how to navigate the certification process and publish your application including updates.
· 3:30 PM – Session 6: The Power of the Cloud, Exploring Windows Phone 7 Services Get ready to build more engaging user experiences with Windows Phone 7 and several powerful cloud-based and phone-based components. Topics will include launchers and choosers; Microsoft Location Service; cameras, maps and pictures; tombstoning; Microsoft Push Notification Service; accelerometer and more.
View other sessions from: Simulcasts: Live Events on the Latest Technologies
If you have questions or feedback, contact us.