We have restructured the Partner Technical Services blog so that you find it easier to locate the topics of your interest. This post will no longer be updated. We have changed the structure and moved the catalogue to Technical Service Catalogue. Please bookmark the new catalogue for your future reference.
Learn more about the Partner Technical Services Offerings.
Please feel free to call us at +1-800-MPN-SOLVE (+1-800-676-7658) or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post updated on Apr 1, 2013
Partner Services and Support team is delivering a series of development guidance around Microsoft Visual Studio® 2010/Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0, Windows Phone 7, Microsoft SharePoint® 2010, Microsoft Exchange 2010, Dynamics CRM 2011 and Microsoft SQL Server® 2012, to enable partners on these latest technologies. Please feel free to call us at +1-800-MPN-SOLVE(+1-800-676-7658) or send an e-mail to®email@example.com to know more about these sessions.®
Note: Scope time includes requirement gathering, initial scoping, setting up environment, delivery, resource sharing, question & answer session, customization, communication (phone/email) and follow-ups. The entire scope time would be decremented from the available advisory hours that you have as part of your MPN benefits.
To view the detailed agenda, please click the topics under the respective technologies. Also note that each topic mentioned below is an individual session. Complete catalogue in PDF format is coming soon!
Call us at +1-800-MPN-SOLVE(+1-800-676-7658) or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post updated on Apr 1, 2013
Blog posted updated on Nov 12 2011
Partner Services and Support – Advisory, Presales & Enablement
With more and more Microsoft Partners building innovative solutions and softwares on Microsoft platforms, it is an exciting time for us at Microsoft Partner Services and Support. We as a team work very closely with Microsoft Partners. We empower your team with personalized guidance by our experienced technical consultants and provide presales, deployment and development guidance to design the right solutions to effectively serve your customers. You can reach us at +1-800-MPN-SOLVE (+1-800-676-7658) or send e-mail to email@example.com with your organization name and contact information.
You can take advantage of following services:
Technical Advisory Services
Development/Deployment Guidance – A team of technical consultants deliver ad-hoc development/deployment advice, best practice recommendations, usage scenarios and design considerations from technical consultants.
Code samples – We provide code samples demonstrating how to use or access Microsoft technologies. These samples can provide a basic demonstration of a specific function call sequence to access an API properly or simply show what API calls are needed to obtain a specific result. These samples are for demonstration purposes only and do not contain the proper amount of testing or error checking required for production use.
Technology Architecture or Application Design Reviews (limited scope) – Technical consultants are available to conduct reviews of your technology architecture, application design, and application code in a small scale (due to the limitation of the hours available). The reviewer will make recommendations to ensure your application takes advantage of underlying Microsoft technologies to deliver the best performance in your application.
Tech Talks – You can request for live technical discussions/chat sessions on different Microsoft products and technologies, focussed on your own business and environment. You can discuss best practices and strategies to deploy Microsoft products and solutions. You can also get step-by-step comprehensive and detailed technical answers to the most frequently asked questions about specific products.
Web Seminars and One-to-One Custom Engagements – Our team can deliver presentations, workshops, live web seminars and lab sessions focusing on areas of deployment and development. These workshops are presented and delivered via Microsoft Lync / Microsoft Live Meeting, so that multiple participants within your organization can participate.
Upgrade or Migration Assistance – You can help your customers successfully move to Microsoft solutions. Consultants from our team evaluate your customers’ current systems to identify elements for migration, and provide guidance for helping customers move users, accounts, and data.
Upgrade or Migration Assistance –
You can help your customers successfully move to Microsoft solutions. Consultants from our team evaluate your customers’ current systems to identify elements for migration, and provide guidance for helping customers move users, accounts, and data.
Code Review - Being a Microsoft partner gives you an opportunity to have your code reviewed by Microsoft technical consultants. The one underlying truth that consistently appears is that, all coding efforts run a high risk for defects or standards-compliance violation. These defects could cost billions in reengineering efforts if they make their way into production software. Our code review services can uncover these shortcomings before the code achieves production status. The goals of code reviews are as diverse as the environments in which they're created.
Technical Enablement (1:Many Events)
Power Start Workshop - These are introductory workshops of 100-200 level, that include introduction to the solution or product features and functionalities. This would provide all the essential knowledge needed to get oriented to a solution or product area. We also talk about presales opportunities that include value messaging, and key competitors. We also provide additional overviews of workloads related to the solution or product.
Practice Accelarator Workshop - These are depth workshops of 200-300 level workshops in content and technical overviews. We do a knowledge transfer of the approach, design considerations and best practices specific to a solution area. These workshops include kick-off presentation, architectural review and documentation, deployment guidance and customer operations guidance. It is designed to help you build a services practice around Microsoft technology solutions and is a comprehensive set of reusable tools and best practices.
Momentum Workshop - These are depth workshops of 300-400 level in nature, to deepen your skills and knowledge around current Microsoft products and solutions with specific scenarios, guidance and best practices to make the product real. These are specific workshops that address the solution or product workloads in depth, addressing issues like migration or deployment scenarios, implementation demos and guidance, best practices and customization opportunities. We also cover top break-fix issues and how to avoid them.
Technical Presales Assistance
Competitive Assistance – Compete more effectively with technical and business knowledge based on best practices and feature comparisons that enable you to win more deals.
Feature Overview and Comparison – The right technical and competitive advice can help you overcome customer objections and positively position Microsoft technologies against the competition. Get feature and function assistance for configurations, cost of doing business assistance, and competitive sales coaching.
Business Value – Shorten your sales cycle and increase your profitability. PTS can assist you with comparison proof points, total cost of ownership, return on investment, performance, and licensing needs. PTS can also provide product demonstrations and information about scalability, interoperability, and migration.
Proof of Concept – Find the right Microsoft solution for your customer, and be able to prove it in advance. PTS helps you understand your customers’ current environment and business requirements, while covering technical and functional topics relevant to your customers’ business needs.
Solution Architecture – Bring your customer requirements to the PTS team of experts, and get technical recommendations that help you build Microsoft solutions that solve your customers’ needs.
Technical Licensing – PTS consultants help you with product licensing questions that revolve around your solutions and client access license (CAL) requirements, including licensing benefits of different product versions, the number of CALs required, and general cost comparisons.
Test Environment Support – Test Environment Support can help you troubleshoot proof-of-concept and test bed environments. All troubleshooting is done on a best-effort basis to show and demonstrate new product features; PTS is not responsible for any data on the test bed.
Stay tuned and we will have more for you!
Partner Services and Support | Microsoft Partner Network
+ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org |( Phone: +1 800-MPN-SOLVE (1-800-676-7658)
Partner Services and Support team is available from 6 AM - 6 PM Pacific Time Monday – Friday.
- Using Silverlight with the CRM RESTful Services
- Using Silverlight with CRM WCF Services
- Integrating a Silverlight application within CRM
- An external Silverlight application integrating with CRM
- Overview of BISM
- BI Semantic Model Architecture
- Vertipaq vs. direct query
- How to design BI Semantic Model
- Deploy BI Semantic Model
- Accessing BI Semantic Model
- In-place Upgrade
- Plan Your Upgrade
- Upgrade Considerations
- Discontinued Features
- Deprecated Features
- SQL Server Upgrade Advisor
- Migrating From SQL Server (Side-By-Side Installation)
- Migration Consideration
- Migrate Step-By-Step
- Moving The Databases
- Transfer Logins/Password
- Move Jobs, DTS Packages, Alerts Etc.
- Getting Started With Windows Phone Development
- Hardware Specifications For Windows Phone 7 (WP7)
- Application Platform Overview For WP7
- Isolated Storage For WP7
- Security For WP7
- Market Place For WP7
- Windows Phone Developer Tools
- Using The Visual Studio IDE For Windows Phone Projects
- Using Application Project Templates For Windows Phone
- WP7 Emulator
- Introduction To Silverlight And XNA Framework For WP7
- Recording modifications
- Configuring change tracking
- Logging primary keys for rows that have changed
- Administering performance implications
- Implementing change data capture (CDC)
- Enabling CDC for history logging
- Tracking DML and DDL statements
- Understanding the Azure AppFabric Layer: ACS, Service Bus
- Key Elements in the CRM model for the integration
- Creating Service Listeners for the Service Bus
- Using the Plugin Registration Tool for configuring the service endpoints & ACS
- Capturing messages from the Service bus using the Listeners
- Understanding SQL Server Replication
- Why Replication?
- Publications And Articles
- Configuring SQL Server For Replication
- Understanding Agents In Replication
- Types Of Replication
- Snapshot Replication
- Merge Replication
- Transactional Replication
- Peer-To-Peer Transactional Replication
- Guidelines For Choosing A Replication Type
- Securing Replication
- Database storage designing concepts
- Planning a database design
- Index – monitor and fix
- Table partitioning
- Data Compression
- Backup Compression
- What’s New in CRM 2011 And What Has Changed from CRM 4.0 with respect to the client side customizations
- Writing Client Side Customizations
- The REST/OData Endpoint & JSON
- CRM Page Events (The XRM Page Model)
- Customizing the Application Ribbons
- Customizing the Sitemap
- Custom Pages
Technology : SQL Server Full Text Search
Product : SQL Server 2008R2
Level : 200-300
Target Audience : SQL Developers, SQL DBA’s and SQL Architects
Pre-Requisites : Basic knowledge of T-SQL
Abstract : SQL Server Full Text Search helps you rapidly search in your databases – be it customer data or binary documents, case histories in legal repositories or matching job
descriptions with stored resumes with support for more than 50 diverse languages.
- Overview of Full Text Search [FTS]
- Full-Text Search Architecture
- Full-Text Indexing Overview
- Configuring Full-Text Linguistic Components including best practices
- Sample Searches [Demo]
- False Positives and False Negatives.
- Precision vs. Recall Tradeoff
- Architecture of CRM 2011
- What’s New in CRM 2011 And What Has Changed from CRM 4.0 in the SDK perspective
- The Programming Model of CRM 2011
- WCF/Web Service Endpoints
- Early and Late Binding (Using Entity Data Model & CrmSvcUtil.exe tool)
- Development over OData Protocol Using REST Endpoints
- Plugin Enhancements (Development, Registration, Deployment, Isolation and Debugging)
Delivery Time: 2.5 HoursBill Time: 5 Hours
Are you planning to move to SQL Server 2012 and uncertain on how to proceed further? Join us in this session to learn the approaches of planning your new SQL infrastructure, new tools, features and techniques in installing, upgrading or migrating to SQL Server 2012.
This session also covers in detail about various type of SQL Server installation such as ServerLess Mode, Scripted Installation, and Automated Installation etc. This session would also cover the planning approach of how you can upgrade/migrate your existing enterprise infrastructure such as Clustered SQL Server (Legacy Version) to the latest version of SQL Server 2012.
- Installing SQL Server 2012 - Hardware and Software Requirements - What’s New in SQL Server 2012 Installation - Command Line Installation- Introducing Server Less SQL Server – Local DB- Upgrade or Migrate to SQL Server 2012 - Upgrade Methodology Overview - Pre-Upgrade Preparation and Validation - Strategies and Considerations - Including the Latest Updates
- Usability Enhancements
- Deployment and Administration Enhancement
- SSIS Performance Dashboard
- What Is Availability?
- Factors Affecting High Availability
- Database Mirroring
- Log Shipping
- Peer To Peer Replication
- Failover Clustering
- Choosing A High Availability Strategy
- Cost And Licensing For Your Solution
- Introduction to MVVM
- Benefits of MVVM
- Using Delegate/Relay Commands
- Limitation of MVVM
- SQL Server Market Share
- Database/Relational Engine
- Data Warehousing
- Business Intelligence
- Objection Handling
We’re happy that you’ve been visiting our blog often to learn more about the latest Microsoft Technologies.
We are overwhelmed by your encouragement and support during the past few years since the inception of the Technical Advisory Services team. It’s been our pleasure to assist you in adopting and implementing Microsoft Technologies through live web seminars, application design, architecture guidance and end-to-end technical consultation.
We constantly strive to improve our services and make our engagements more valuable in addressing your specific requirements. In order to ease navigation and quickly locate the topics of your interest, we have made a few key changes to the blog:
Visit Partner Services Offerings to know more about our services.
Please feel free to call us at +1-800-MPN-SOLVE (+1-800-676-7658) or send an e-mail to®email@example.com.
Let us know your feedback! Thank you!
- Technical Advisory Services (TAS) Team
- Database Maintenance Plan
- Managing Databases With Power Shell
- Defining File Groups
- Automating Tasks With Jobs And Alerts
- Backup/Recovery Strategies
During your application development lifecycle, have you ever come across situations similar to the ones listed below?
· How to build an effective solution for my customer using Microsoft technologies? ![if>
· Does our application architecture covers all the business aspects and utilizes all the technology features?![if>
· How to setup security? How to implement authentication and authorization?![if>
· How to develop a customized solution if something is not available out of the box?![if>
· Does my developer follow all the best practice recommendations and design considerations?![if>
· Want to know which Microsoft product is best for a given business problem?![if>
· How to start writing windows phone applications?![if>
· How best can I utilize Microsoft products to make my customer’s life easier?![if>
· Is cloud a better option for me?![if>
You can also approach us with technology specific enquiries like the following:
· Migrate existing web apps to Azure.![if>
· How you can connect to you data centers from Azure?![if>
· Integrate with Active Directory and System Center from Azure.![if>
· Deploy and run Windows Server and Linux virtual machines in minutes in Azure![if>
· How you can quickly and easily deploy sites to Azure?![if>
· Do you know you can do Multitasking for Windows Phone Applications?![if>
· Live Tile is one of the most compelling features of Windows Phone. Do you know you can have Secondary Live Tiles for Apps for Windows Phone?![if>
· Integrate multiple legacy applications together without making code level changes to them.![if>
· How to automate complex messaging patterns and system workflows?![if>
· How do I design my SQL Server 2012 environment for optimal performance?![if>
· In SQL Server 2012, how do I plan for consolidation?![if>
· In SQL Server 2012, how do I decide which High Availability solution best fit to my requirements?![if>
· How do I migrate my database environment to SQL Server 2012?![if>
· In SQL Server 2012, how should I decide whether Scale out or Scale-up is better?![if>
· Create inner joins and outer joins in Fetch XML?![if>
· How to notify 3rd party applications for changes in CRM?![if>
· Do you know how to make CRM plug-ins work asynchronously?![if>
· How to enhance CRM UI using JSON and JQuery?![if>
SQL Server Business Intelligence
· How to enable Custom Authentication for your Report Server for accessing the Report Manager over the internet?![if>
· How can I build BI application?![if>
· How to leverage SSIS for moving data?![if>
· Implementing data visualization using Power View.![if>
· Making Data Cleansing easy, Let’s de-duplicate & cleanse before your ETL.![if>
· Managing your master data, create uniformity in your organization.![if>
· Do you know how to develop a Custom Report Item for your Reporting Service Toolbox?![if>
· Designing and Accessing BI Semantic Model.![if>
Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010
· Design Clinical Office automation with SharePoint.![if>
· How to design Outlook 2010 Add-in to browse SharePoint 2010 library?![if>
· Building applications in SharePoint 2010 using InfoPath 2010.![if>
· Want to know how to integrate SharePoint and Windows Search?![if>
· Displaying public calendars along with user calendar in Outlook 2010.![if>
· How to handle list throttle values in SharePoint 2010?![if>
· Document uploaded to the SharePoint document library should display in thumbnail view.![if>
· How to create Custom functionality by creating SharePoint ribbon control.![if>
· Ways to design and develop Office Word Form Regions.![if>
· Migrating SharePoint lists with Lookup Columns from SharePoint 2007 to SharePoint 2010.![if>
· Passing data from one list form to another list form of different list.![if>
· Is your database piled up with multiple versions of documents? Get rid of unwanted minor or major versions.![if>
· Do you want to Update the Managed Metadata of the document while uploading a document to the document library itself?![if>
· Client application to upload documents to SharePoint site outside of SharePoint.![if>
· Move the documents to a different library without losing the Metadata.![if>
· Display relevant data which is spread across different lists in a site collection.![if>
· Learn how to add Calendar View to Microsoft Access 2010.![if>
· Explore the new features in Visio 2010.![if>
· Get to know how you can modify your error log page in SharePoint 2010?![if>
We have answers to these questions. By leveraging our customer-ready offerings, you will be better equipped to capitalize on new markets and technologies, develop innovative solutions, expand your competencies, enhance deployment effectiveness, and increase revenue. We also deliver customized workshop sessions like:
· HTML 5 Deep Dive![if>
· Microsoft Azure™ Services Platform![if>
· SQL Server 2012 – Installing, Upgrading and Migrating![if>
· SQL Azure Reporting and Data Sync![if>
· Self Service BI with PowerPivot![if>
· Consuming External Data with Business Connectivity Services in SharePoint 2010![if>
· Claims Authentication in SharePoint 2010![if>
…and many more you can find in our Developer Catalogue.
These engagement opportunities are one of the core benefits that you receive as a part of your partner membership status. Use your partner advisory hours to take advantage of these offerings to help streamline your development efforts, reduce costs, and build your team’s readiness on these technologies. For more information about our services, please visit the Partner Services Offerings page on the web.
· Want development or deployment guidance delivered ad-hoc. ![if>
· Get advice, best practice recommendations, usage scenarios, and design considerations from our consultants.![if>
· Want code samples demonstrating how to use or how to access Microsoft technologies. ![if>
· Want to receive expert architecture, design, and implementation guidance for your solutions and applications.![if>
· Need recommendations to ensure that your application takes advantage of underlying Microsoft technologies.![if>
· Need help upgrading or migrating your customers to the latest Microsoft solutions. ![if>
· Need an expert to review of your code to uncover shortcomings before the code achieves production status.![if>
· Want to discuss strategies and best practices with a consultant.![if>
· Want to receive comprehensive, step-by-step guidance, or detailed technical answers to frequently asked questions.![if>
· Need competitive scenarios guidance for your solutions.![if>
· Need to provide a customer with proof of concept, comparison proof points, total cost of ownership, and licensing information.![if>
· Need to gain insight for a feature overview and comparison to help you positively position Microsoft technologies.![if>
· Want to bring your customer requirements to our experts, and get technical recommendations that solve your customers’ needs.![if>
For more information about these offerings, please feel free to contact us via email or phone. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
+1 800-MPN-SOLVE (1-800-676-7658)
Partner Services and Support
- What’s TFS 2010?
- TFS 2010 Architecture
- TFS 2010 Admin Console
- Project Collections
- Project Management
- Source Control
- Reports (MSF Agile 5.0)