Keep track of all the latest news and events on developer tools and technologies you care about
Win a Windows Phone 7 device in our photo caption competition, live on the blog for one day only!
So here it is, our third and final Windows Phone 7 caption competition. You have until 10pm tonight (Friday 5th) to get funny and send us your caption for this photo of marketing gal, Georgina Lewis, rightfully contained in a box (yes George – note the italics). Make of it what you will.
Post your comment to the blog along with your Twitter ID or email address, and if you’re the funniest of the funny, you’ll win a much coveted Windows Phone 7 device. As usual, no comedy without conditions – have a read below. We’ll contact the winner on Tuesday.
Windows Phone 7 Caption Competition Terms and Conditions
1. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to UK residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. TO ENTER: To enter post your photo caption for the featured photo in the UK MSDN Blog comments box. The person submitting the funniest caption, as selected by three judges, will win a Windows Phone 7 device. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Incomplete, damaged, defaced or illegible entries may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING: This competition runs from 7am GMT 5 November The closing date of this competition is 10pm GMT 5 November 2010. Completed entries must reach Microsoft no later than the closing date.
4. USE OF DATA: Personal data which you provide when you enter this competition will not be used for future Microsoft UK marketing activity.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: Three judges will select their favourite single caption from all the entries and the winner will be notified by email on 9 November 2010 by 6pm. The winners may be required to become involved in further publicity or advertising.
6. PRIZE: The prize is one Windows Phone 7 HTC HD7 device with an estimated retail price of £400.00. Prize as stated and non-transferable. No cash or other alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prize will be dispatched within two months of the competition’s closing date. Prize may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for accounting for any tax liability arising on their prize.
7. WINNERS LIST: The winner consents to their surname being made publicly available. The winner’s surname will be available for a period of 3 weeks after the closing date by emailing email@example.com
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
9. Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
OK - I give up. You can have my new phone to give away in your competition!
Although happy with a new Windows 7 phone, Georgina was a reluctant time capsule item.
@BlackMangoPhoto (soon to be @BlackMangoMedia)
Microsoft deny reports of the online-safety features of WP7 being "excessive"
Microsoft demonstrates the latest Windows Phone 7 Submarine Navigation App to the Royal Navy included with 1 years free subscription to shallow water warnings. @KevRitchie
Georgina was sure agreeing to be fired from a cannon for a windows phone was worth it
(twitter - @pauliom)
Windows Phone the choice for trapped miners everywhere. twitter id mikemilleresq
Dam that navigation application
Who needs the phoenix capsule when you have windows Phone 7!
Georgina searched high and low to find the Wp7 SDK
Georgina does a comprehensive test on all the available torch applications
"Does anyone have a spare charger for this? I won't last another week in here if the battery runs out!"
Last competition phone discovered in QE2s funnel
When we said that Windows phone 7 had an amazing out of the box experience, we didn’t think Georgina would literally go and prove it.
It must be safe to come out now. HELLO, WORL... No! Someone's here! Back in the box.
Emerging out of the Chilean mine, comes the latest technology sent from the future - the Windows Phone 7!