Keep track of all the latest news and events on developer tools and technologies you care about
What is Clippy saying?
To close out the year we're running a caption competition to win your very own Windows Phone. We’ve resurrected the wonderful Clippy who of course is probably saying something extremely witty and amusing. All you need to do is think what he could be saying and send us the caption in the comments section in this blog post. The caption that makes us giggle most will win a Windows Phone 7 HTC HD7 device, it’s as simple as that. You’ll need to post your entry in the comments section on this post by 5pm on Thursday 5 January (that’s 2012, people!), and we’ll let the winner know before the end of the day on Friday 6 January. Just make sure you have a good look at the competition rules below before you get your thinking cap on.
Go on - have some fun!
Windows Phone 7 Caption Competition Terms and Conditions
1. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to UK residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. TO ENTER: To enter post your photo caption for the featured photo in the UK MSDN Blog comments box. The person submitting the funniest caption, as selected by three judges, will win a Windows Phone 7 device. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Incomplete, damaged, defaced or illegible entries may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING: This competition runs from 2.30pm GMT Thursday 22 December 2011. The closing date of this competition is 5pm GMT Thursday 5 January 2012. Completed entries must reach Microsoft no later than the closing date.
4. USE OF DATA: Personal data which you provide when you enter this competition will not be used for future Microsoft UK marketing activity.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: Three judges will select their favourite single caption from all the entries and the winner will be notified by email on 6th January 2012 at Microsoft campus. The winners may be required to become involved in further publicity or advertising.
6. PRIZE: The prize is one Windows Phone 7 HTC HD7 device with an estimated retail price of £400.00. Prize as stated and non-transferable. No cash or other alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prize will be dispatched within two months of the competition’s closing date. Prize may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for accounting for any tax liability arising on their prize.
7. WINNERS LIST: The winner consents to their surname being made publicly available. The winner’s surname will be available for a period of 3 weeks after the closing date by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
9. Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
Hello everyone,i`m your new toilet attendent,Huw Rinal.
Now ladies, whose party dress is a bit too small and needs a little clippy job?
"I am sick and tired of finding your result, just accept the fact and move on"
It looks like you've been getting on fine without me for the best part of a decade.
Would you like help?
- Get help with anything, get a coffee or just talk for old times’ sake
- Just ignore me like you always did and I'll eat another tub of ice-cream. Look at me! Whoever heard of a fat paperclip (starts crying)
Itchy buttocks ? If so I can help, I'm Clippy the Office ASS-istant.
Paperclips ... the best cure for that awkward to reach itch.
Sorry, what were you saying? My head seems to be in the cloud these days.
HAVE YOU SEEN THIS PAPERCLIP? Missing since 2003, Clippy was last spotted looking lost on a Mac. If found, please write to us (he will help).
Hi all I'm Paypa Clip and I will be your assistant today
Do you know who I am?? I'm a celebrity get me out of hereeeeeee!!!!!!
You may not be the best looking girl here, but beauty is only a light switch away! Grab your coat love
I have come to beauty parlor to Look more good in office 2012 ;-)
How many more levels until I'm at open, I'm already a sore clip
It looks like you weren't around when the costumes were allocated. Would you like help?
Papers are gathering for the new office New Years Eve party, the guard on duty sadly wont let them in!
It looks like you're trying to use a non-Windows Phone.
I can help you find a therapist.