Keep track of all the latest news and events on developer tools and technologies you care about
What is Clippy saying?
To close out the year we're running a caption competition to win your very own Windows Phone. We’ve resurrected the wonderful Clippy who of course is probably saying something extremely witty and amusing. All you need to do is think what he could be saying and send us the caption in the comments section in this blog post. The caption that makes us giggle most will win a Windows Phone 7 HTC HD7 device, it’s as simple as that. You’ll need to post your entry in the comments section on this post by 5pm on Thursday 5 January (that’s 2012, people!), and we’ll let the winner know before the end of the day on Friday 6 January. Just make sure you have a good look at the competition rules below before you get your thinking cap on.
Go on - have some fun!
Windows Phone 7 Caption Competition Terms and Conditions
1. ELIGIBILITY: This competition is open to UK residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies are not eligible, nor are members of these employees’ families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners).
2. TO ENTER: To enter post your photo caption for the featured photo in the UK MSDN Blog comments box. The person submitting the funniest caption, as selected by three judges, will win a Windows Phone 7 device. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Incomplete, damaged, defaced or illegible entries may be deemed invalid at the sole discretion of Microsoft. Entry constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Microsoft reserves the right to disqualify anyone in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
3. TIMING: This competition runs from 2.30pm GMT Thursday 22 December 2011. The closing date of this competition is 5pm GMT Thursday 5 January 2012. Completed entries must reach Microsoft no later than the closing date.
4. USE OF DATA: Personal data which you provide when you enter this competition will not be used for future Microsoft UK marketing activity.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: Three judges will select their favourite single caption from all the entries and the winner will be notified by email on 6th January 2012 at Microsoft campus. The winners may be required to become involved in further publicity or advertising.
6. PRIZE: The prize is one Windows Phone 7 HTC HD7 device with an estimated retail price of £400.00. Prize as stated and non-transferable. No cash or other alternatives available. Microsoft reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The prize will be dispatched within two months of the competition’s closing date. Prize may be considered a taxable benefit and the winner will be directly responsible for accounting for any tax liability arising on their prize.
7. WINNERS LIST: The winner consents to their surname being made publicly available. The winner’s surname will be available for a period of 3 weeks after the closing date by emailing email@example.com
8. OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this competition or these Terms and Conditions. In the unlikely event of a dispute, Microsoft’s decision shall be final. Microsoft reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw this competition at any time without notice.
9. Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this promotion agree that Microsoft will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this promotion. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud.
Invalid Page Fault - Windows Phone 7 is not made of paper.
Hi! It looks like you're trying to write a Windows phone application.
I'd offer to help, but they've made it so damned easy to write and publish apps that you don't really need me, so I guess I should just let you get on with it then.
If you need me I'll be down the local Job Centre (sigh).
I am the same clippy with puppy-dog-eyes like we have known for years.. although i prefer new avataars as a stapler with deadly pins.. a fragrant rubber.. a sticky tape.. cutter knife! mm..? you know i can go on and on.. hey am a genie after all.. and its my job!
I am back...will STARE you while working....deal with it!
Please dont forget about me. I will help on WP7... Please...
Yeah, I've been out-of-work since they invented the paperless office
It looks like you can't write a decent caption.
Would you like help?
- Get help with writing a caption so I can get me a shiny new Windows Phone
- Just let me type the friggin' caption. I know I can do it, so help me Bill!
Let's do dance, my boss is out for holiday :)
I am Maximus Papyrus Clippius
Commander of the Office Assistants
Loyal servent to the Office Users,
Carer to an ignored Genius
Owner of an abandoned Power Pup
And I will have my vengeance
In this office, AND the next
And the winner is.... christech81 for his very rude caption that appealed to our purile sense of humour. Chris, please contact us @ukmsdn or firstname.lastname@example.org. Congratulations!
Itchy buttocks ? If so I can help, I'm Clippy the Office ASS-istant.
Paperclips ... the best cure for that awkward to reach itch.